June 3, 2014

New! Cooking Classes

Through Recreation & Community School

Introducing a series of one-day cooking workshops taught by Rebekah Osowick at the CPRD Community Center. Registration is open.

Kids in the Kitchen for Breakfast
Ages 6 to 12
Kids can learn to cook a fun and healthy breakfast. Learn recipes and techniques. Cook a full meal and enjoy the product of our labor during class.
10 to 11 a.m.

Chocolate Garnishes
Age 13 & up
Learn techniques for making fancy chocolate garnishes for desserts of all kinds. Take home your garnishes as well as a pastry bag and Silpat for more practice.

Paleo Cooking
Age 13 & up
A hands-on cooking class where you will prepare easy ways to prepare food. Sample foods and take home new and fun ideas.

Gluten-free Cooking
Age 13 & up
A hands-on cooking class where you will prepare a gluten-free meal. Learn new recipes and find easy ways to prepare food. Sample foods and take home new and fun ideas.
Age 13 & up


Rebekah Osowick 


If you asked me 10 years ago if I would be making a living from my kitchen I would have laughed, a long time.  But after becoming a mom, it became important to me to provide my family with meals that we could enjoy together and would allow us to be a healthy family.  I truly believe that sitting around the table as a family is as important to the family’s health as the quality of food that we put in our bodies.  So, into the kitchen I went.  I now teach cooking workshops to families in the Portland area, helping them battle some of their own kitchen problems.  I enjoy solving people’s kitchen issues such as not knowing what to do or what to cook, but I also love bringing creativity and fun into the kitchen.  Everyone has to eat, so why not enjoy the process of preparing food?

No comments: