Central Newberg Trails
Bike boulevards create important connections to the Chehalem Cultural Center, the Newberg Library, Newberg City Hall, city center shops, George Fox University, the Historic Hoover-Minthorn house, and several local parks.
Trail names and amenities
- George Fox Trail (.23 miles) – George Fox University main entrance, Rotary Centennial Park/Cultural Center
- Carnegie Trail (.46 miles) – Connection to Haworth/Springbrook to points north and east, connection to Hess Creek Corridor, Cultural Center (Farmer’s Market), Library, and George Fox University
- Herbert Hoover Trail (.32 miles) – Hoover-Minthorn House Museum, Hoover Park, link to downtown shopping on 1st/2nd streets
- Edwards Trail (.77 miles) – Edwards Elementary school
- Yamhelas Trail* (.69 miles) – North/south corridor that connects downtown to GFU and north trails, and connects to south trails
- Wynooski Trail (1.25 miles) – North/south corridor connects to points south including Rogers Landing
- Ewing Young (.77 miles) – Chehalem Cultural Center (Farmer’s Market), Library, City Hall, Community Center, link to 1st/2nd street shopping, Memorial Park, Ewing Young Park
Please note that the name of the Yamhelas Trail will be changing, the new name yet to be determined. CPRD Board of Directors agreed to change this name at the request of the Yamhelas Westside Trail, a trail project in Gaston, in order to avoid confusion. CPRD officially endorses the Yamhelas Westside Trail project and is glad to be working in partnership.
We anticipate opening the trails around Chehalem Glenn Golf Course with signage by August 2013, and the trails in Dundee by September 2013.